Monday, February 11, 2013

What ha... happened?


What ha... happened?
by Dan Salem and Todd Salem (2-11-13)


The debut of a new running segment on Seesaw Sports aptly titled What ha... happened? One Salem scours the internet for a crazy sports photo while the other Salem is left to explain what in hell happened here. On Friday we flip it with a new photo and an opposing Salem's view.

Real photos. Real results. But what in the heck happened?



DAN:
I present to you the following, with added flames because they look cool:

Photo: A referee blatantly punching a member of the St. Louis Rams football team

Title: NFL Sucker Punch

Description: "If the defense won't stop him, I will. Too much money riding on this game."


What ha... happened?


TODD:
As is well documented in the history of sports, there are two and only two reasons why players get into fights: over a girl and over money.

I don't see why referees should be exempt from this. Your caption is spot on. So what happened?

There are two possible explanations for what happened here:

(1)  The St. Louis Rams' player mentioned to the referee, just before this photo was taken, something about the referee's wife and Honey Nut Cheerios (Kevin Garnett and Carmelo Anthony anyone?)

(2)  The St. Louis Rams' player wished to be put out of his misery, being on the Rams and all, and the referee happily obliged.  "I still get paid if I'm injured...  I'd like to thank my agent who got me this sick contract and my favorite ref, Micheal, for helping me to better enjoy the season."

In all seriousness, this photo is perplexing. My best guess for what ACTUALLY happened is that the running back came upon the referee suddenly and the man in stripes simply reached out an arm to brace for contact. A phantom punch, if you will. Either that or the ref really punched him and the angle makes it seem more severe than the situation actually warranted.



No comments:

Post a Comment